BigMoal MT Leech - Mega Moal Leech with Marabou tail like a woolly bugger.
NEW - now with articulated tail
Tied with two different tail options:
- Steelhead/Salmon/Sea-Run Brown Trout
- Toothy Critters - Pike/Muskie
This hybrid Mega Moal Leech has become the new "go to" winter fly. Just like the Mega Moal this fly moves tough winter Steelhead. The BigMoal MT which is custom tied by Grabflies.com has caught Steelhead for Grabflies this winter after already fishing the run with a Mega Moal. The different accents and tail action seem to make that subtle difference.
This fly also has becomes popular for Pike, Muslie, and Sea-run Browns
The advantages of the BigMoal MT are:
- Tail Wiggles and Fly Snakes through the water
- TheBigMoal MT measures 6 - 6.5 inches long, but only 5 inches of rabbit fur, 1.5 inches of Marabou.
- Trailing hook with the added Marabou tied directly on hook gets fouled less when making long Spey casts.
- Fly is custom ordered and you can custom designed your fly to get that perfect color combination for your river.
Moal leeches are tied entirely on a string with a trailer hook at the back. This gives the fly greater action than a fly tied on a rigid hook. More fish are landed with the Moal fly as well because of the smaller offset trailer hook.
Select - Add different color Marabou tails
Select - Add different color flash to Marabou tails
Custom Select Bead and Conehead colors
Select Size to be tied (default size is 6 inches, but depending on river water clarity you can have order your custom BigMoal MT Leech flies smaller (6 inch, 5 inch, and 4 inch)