Klickitat Summer Chartreuse Peekaboo by Fish Magnet Flies.
Hot summer Steelhead have been in the river a while, getting lethargic and slow moving in the warming lower oxygen water. I experienced this recently after three days of soft repeated bumps short grabs and poorly hooked fish on fuller dressed Klickitat Sunrise Summer flies.
I decided to switch gears by trying this sparsley dressed fly with a chartreuse peekaboo ice dub body. I trimmed it up a bit more leaving no dressing past the small razor sharp #4 Owner hook.
With one day left I fished down a run I had gotten some short tugs on the day before. As it swung into the soft water, same scenario...bump bump tug and this time some weight! Setting the hook hard ended with a nice 12 lb summer wild fish hooked deep in the nose! The fly...
- 2.5" long to back off the #4 Owner hook
- Sparsely dressed no longer than the hook
- Trimmed marabou and fox shoulder on the bottom side to expose body colors.
- Easy casting even with a Skandi setup.
- Any color is fine as long as it's PURPLE!
- Also see Grabflies EVO version. Deadly and proven.