The new CHROMER rods are the ultimate tool for the two-handed angler. With refined rod actions to suit a variety of casting and line styles, the rods also feature custom polymer gripping sections on the top and bottom handles. These unique pinch grip sections allow for easy running line management during spey casts and added comfort over a long day of fishing. With three switch, and five spey models, we offer a size for any steelhead or salmon fishing scenario.
- Super-smooth fast action
- Downlocking reel seat for improved in-hand balance
- Polymer Pinch Grip sections on top and bottom handles
- Polymer grips maintain body temperature for comfortable winter fishing
- Matte finish blank for flash reduction
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Full Anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium gradecork handles
- Fully protective cordura rod tube with dividers
- Lifetime warranty
Rod Specs -
After having fished this rod - Chromer 8 weight, I give it five stars. If you want one rod to fish all steelhead seasons in the Pacific NW, this is the best rod on the market for under $500.00.
- Casts far - cannon
- Can cast big winter flies (3 inch +)
- Nice handle
Jeff Layton - I recommend the 625 grain Rio Skagit Max Shooting Head for this rod. This is a fast action rod and it takes a little more grain weight to load the rod into the mid section.
Read Rod review by Dave Robinson - click here