The new CHROMER rods are the ultimate tool for the two-handed angler. With refined rod actions to suit a variety of casting and line styles, the rods also feature custom polymer gripping sections on the top and bottom handles. These unique pinch grip sections allow for easy running line management during spey casts and added comfort over a long day of fishing. With three switch, and five spey models, we offer a size for any steelhead or salmon fishing scenario.
- Super-smooth fast action
- Downlocking reel seat for improved in-hand balance
- Polymer Pinch Grip sections on top and bottom handles
- Polymer grips maintain body temperature for comfortable winter fishing
- Matte finish blank for flash reduction
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Full Anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium gradecork handles
- Fully protective cordura rod tube with dividers
- Lifetime warranty
Rod Specs -
After having fished this rod - Chromer 8 weight, I give it five stars. If you want one rod to fish all steelhead seasons in the Pacific NW, this is the best rod on the market for under $500.00.
- Casts far - cannon
- Can cast big winter flies (3 inch +)
- Nice handle
Jeff Layton - I recommend the 625 grain Rio Skagit Max Shooting Head for this rod. This is a fast action rod and it takes a little more grain weight to load the rod into the mid section.
Read Rod review by Dave Robinson - click here
I like to travel with my fly rod rigged and ready to fish, but often I didn't because I was worried about my rod breaking.
Necessity is the mother of invention - which has given birth to this fly rod soft bag travel case.
Made with rugged water resistant outdoor fabric so you don't have to worry about the case soaking up water or dripping on the inside of your car.
Great for:Travel in your car or truck Boat travel Walking through the woods (no more snagging on every branch or snag) Storing in your garageFitting Four Peice Rods (broken down into two sections) 11 ft up,
Custom sewed by Grabflies.com/Jeff Layton (made in the USA)
Made out of high quality material:
Cordura® HP Royal Blue is a rugged, heavy-duty fabric woven from INVISTA™ textured high-quality polyester. This fabric features a clear polyurethane coating on the back and a durable water-repellent finish on the front for a long-lasting product that resists the elements and is easy to clean. You can distinguish the front of the fabric as it will have a shine-free finish compared to the slightly darker color and shine on the back side. This is a 915 x 1220 denier fabric.
Because of its great resistance to abrasion, mildew and rot, plus its quick-drying abilities, this high-performance polyester product is great for backpacks, custom bags, outdoor gear, footwear and sail bags.
Sizes are listed below. Smaller sizes can always fit longer rods.
Also see Fly Rod Handle Protector (Click Here)Made by a fisherman for fishermen
Just add water. The all new TOPO combo comes complete with everything you need to fish: rod, reel, line, a tapered leader, flies, a fly box, extra spool of tippet, and a nipper. The convenient, packable size makes it an easy addition to your next outdoor adventure or the perfect starting kit for anglers just entering the sport.
- All water, medium-fast action rod
- Combo includes:
- TOPO fly rod
- CROSSWATER reel pre-spooled with RIO Mainstream® WF5F fly line with front loop
- 9’ 5x tapered RIO® leader
- Six high floating, easy-to see foam dry flies packed in a custom Redington sealed fly box
- An extra spool of RIO® tippet
- Zippered carrying case
- Alignment dots for easy rod setup
- 1-year warranty
- Flies included:
- Olive Foam Caddis Size 14
- Tan Bullet Hopper Size 10
- Hi-Vis Foam Ant Size 16
- Hi-Vis Foam Beetle Size 12
- Foam Adams Mayfly Size 14
- Foam BWO Mayfly Size 16
- FREE SHIPPING in the USA