What do you do when you have a slight hitch in your giddy-up? If you are a two-hand fly fisherman who owns their own rod company you simply create a family of rods that help you cast better. The TR (Tim Rajeff) series of rods have a little more oomph in the bottom half to keep up with his slightly more abrupt power application. The ECHO TR rods will throw tighter loops farther than you ever dreamed possible. Load them up with a Skagit Compact head and they slow down enough to make fishing sink tips a breeze. New to the family for 2014 is the TR-4120 (12' 0" #4). This rod takes an incredible rod series and makes it even better. With rods now available from the new 4 weight to the 14' 0" #9 weight winter cannon. When your friends ask to borrow your ECHO TR, don't do it, you might not get it back.
TR Rods feature:
- Four piece travel design
- Alignment dots for quick assembly
- Premium grade cork upper handle with composite pressure zone at top of the handle
- Handle lengths vary with each model
- Premium grade cork lower handle with composite pivot knob
- Black anodized reel seat
- Matte army green blank
- Black stripper and snake guides
- Green cordura case with rod sock
- Echo lifetime warranty
The new CHROMER rods are the ultimate tool for the two-handed angler. With refined rod actions to suit a variety of casting and line styles, the rods also feature custom polymer gripping sections on the top and bottom handles. These unique pinch grip sections allow for easy running line management during spey casts and added comfort over a long day of fishing. With three switch, and five spey models, we offer a size for any steelhead or salmon fishing scenario.
- Super-smooth fast action
- Downlocking reel seat for improved in-hand balance
- Polymer Pinch Grip sections on top and bottom handles
- Polymer grips maintain body temperature for comfortable winter fishing
- Matte finish blank for flash reduction
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Full Anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium gradecork handles
- Fully protective cordura rod tube with dividers
- Lifetime warranty
Rod Specs -
After having fished this rod - Chromer 8 weight, I give it five stars. If you want one rod to fish all steelhead seasons in the Pacific NW, this is the best rod on the market for under $500.00.
- Casts far - cannon
- Can cast big winter flies (3 inch +)
- Nice handle
Jeff Layton - I recommend the 625 grain Rio Skagit Max Shooting Head for this rod. This is a fast action rod and it takes a little more grain weight to load the rod into the mid section.
Read Rod review by Dave Robinson - click here
Neoprene and Velcro Fly Rod Straps to keep your rod together to and from your fishing destination.
Use in your Car, Boat, or hiking into fishing spots.
Usually Two Straps does the trick.