Redington CLAYMORE Spey Rod, replacing Redington CHROMER Spey Rod.
Whether you’re in the pursuit of wild steelhead or overhand casting for stripers off the beach, the CLAYMORE Two-Handed Rod was designed to handle the needs of any battlefield. This fast action rod family is built using a smooth yet powerful blank, making for intuitive touch-and-go style casts when fishing classic style patterns early season as well as turning over the heaviest of sink tips during the colder months of winter. With features that include a down locking reel seat for improved balanced and Polymer Pinch Grips for increased line control, the CLAYMORE makes casting a two-hander more enjoyable and less like you’re swinging a medieval weapon around. So go ahead, grab on with two hands and enjoy a day swinging your favorite run.
- Spey models: 5123-4, 6126-4, 7126-4, 7136-4, 8136-4, 8136-4
- FAST ACTION
- Premium grade cork handles
- Polymer Pinch Grip sections on top and bottom handles for increased line control
- Anodized aluminum down locking reel seat for improved balance
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Fully protective cordura rod tube with dividers
- Lifetime warranty
Rod Specs -
After having fished this rod - Chromer 8 weight, I give it five stars. If you want one rod to fish all steelhead seasons in the Pacific NW, this is the best rod on the market for under $500.00.
- Casts far - cannon
- Can cast big winter flies (3 inch +)
- Nice handle
Jeff Layton - I recommend the 625 grain Rio Skagit Max Shooting Head for this rod. This is a fast action rod and it takes a little more grain weight to load the rod into the mid section.
Read Rod review by Dave Robinson - click here